Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 24, 2012

14 Weeks


 




Here are some 14 week pictures.  I have really noticed a difference this past week.  That little orange sized peanut of a baby is really doing a number on my wardrobe.  I can no longer hold my pants together with a ponytail holder.....I have upgraded to belly band!!  I wore it for the first time to work on Monday and it was so comfortable!!  Definitely better than a tight waistband :) 


Also this week we have made two baby advances:  we have bought a crib (at a discount....yay!) and pretty much nailed down daycare.  Two huge things off our list...what a relief!  We are still waiting to hear from Ms. Lea (a lady about a mile away who has an in-home daycare) but she sounded pretty certain she would take our little one in when it arrives. 


Also this week I have migrated to the thought that we are having a boy.  I find myself calling it "he" or "him" and Brian is very adamant that I need to refer to it as "it".  I'm trying but it's hard.  So my guess is that is it probably a girl :)  Our Bible study group calls the baby "Zephyr" and my co-workers call it "Ernie"  Grandpa Kent has affectionately named it "Roger".  It is safe to say we will not be using any of those names!! 

I am still feeling much better...I think it is safe to say that I am out of the morning sickness zone.  I dominated the Pizza Ranch buffet on Monday and so I feel like I can handle anything now!  I can definitely eat more than I used to be able to!  I went with my co-workers and they were astonished at how much I could eat....and the dessert pizza was so delicious that day!!  I am feeling my energy come back so that is also refreshing.  I am starting to read the book "Happiest Baby on the Block" and it makes me happy, excited, nervous and scared all at the same time.  But I feel as if I should be able to calm our child....I've actually learned quite a bit reading that book. 

Now time for a bowl of ice cream :)

2 comments:

  1. You should watch the DVD of "Happiest Baby"...that guy is a miracle worker when it comes to crying babies! I'm glad you are back to enjoying food...especially PR! Have some for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that tiny baby bump! Glad you are feeling much better. Enjoy your new energy!!

    ReplyDelete