Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

28 Weeks {3rd trimester}


We have officially entered the 3rd trimester!!  I have been feeling really great through this point and I really hope that trend continues!!  I think this past week the baby has grown and has gotten really strong because the kicking is getting really prominent and I am really starting to feel  actual body parts instead of just tiny kicks and flutters.  It feels so strange yet amazing!!  

Brian and I went to Chicago this past weekend with Jena & Kory and we met Andrea and Jon there.  It was a college roommate reunion!!  We had so much fun together.  We went to a Cubs baseball game and the temperate was HOT!  It felt about the same temp as it was on the 4th of July, and I think I was sweating even worse at the game than at the parade.  The amazing part is that people in Chicago seem to LOVE pregnant women.  At the game I was given a lot of attention and a lot of the stadium staff made it a point to tell me that if I was too hot at any time just to let someone know and I could utilize a special "cooling" room at the stadium.  I didn't use it, but it was nice knowing it was there.  

We did a ton of walking in Chicago.  I have never had such sore feet in my life!  The extra 20 pounds I'm carrying around is really getting to me :)  This was my first experience with swollen feet.  Luckily Brian was a champ and as soon as we got back to the hotel he got me a bag of ice and propped my feet up on some pillows.  30 minutes later the swelling was down and I wasn't grossed out by my feet anymore!!

Here is my "official" 28 week photo taken on Navy Pier with the Chicago skyline in the background. 

Brian and I at "The Bean".  I can't wait to see a movie based in Chicago so I can see the sights again!  We had so much fun in Chicago and definitely not enough time to do it all.  We will have to go back again soon!!






4 comments:

  1. You get attention because you have such a cute belly! Lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have totally taken advantage of the cooling room at the game. Chicago is such a fun city! Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute pregnant ~ and they probably didn't want to mess with a fainting lady! Love the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Just caught up on all your news &pictures,Every thing is so neat,Love it !!& you are really growing,time is going fast,be for U know the little one will be here,so happy for U two.

    ReplyDelete